Gilroy Garlic Fries. Grab some pine, Meat. Poserrific. The Cove. The Freak. Ross is Boss. Torture. Rally Thongs. Kruk and Kuip. Fear the Beard. Bye Bye Baby. World Champions. Giant s Baseball.

Monday, June 13, 2011

Hello from the Treasure State!

Hum Babe Giants fans and friends! My name is KG, and I am a college senior in Montana.  I grew up in northern California and have been an avid sports fan for as long as I can remember.  I spent most of my childhood idolizing Steve Young, Jerry Rice, and Barry Bonds.  I have always had a strong following for the SF 49ers and Cal football team, but at some point along the way, baseball just seemed to bring out a whole new level of interest for me.  I followed the Giants heavily through the early and mid-2000's, but have become somewhat of a junkie during my college years.

About 3 years ago I started to take interest for the first time in the organization's minor league teams.  About this time, a kid named Bumgarner was tearing up the SALLY league in Augusta, Angel Villalona and Tim Alderson were supposed future big league greats, and Buster Posey was the greatest hitter in the collegiate ranks.  Funny how things change.

I have always felt like I took a stronger interest in baseball and the Giants than most typical fans, and I love discussing/hearing other fans' perspectives about the current and future success of the organization.  Through this blog I hope to bring my own unique perspective to the table on all things Giants, both major and minor leagues included.  I hope others who come across my path will find this site entertaining, informative, and refreshing.  I am new to the blog world, so any feedback would be greatly appreciated. 

Once again, hello orange and black, and remember... we're still the champs, until somebody else proves otherwise!          

2 comments:

  1. KG I love your passion. Baseball is something we love equally. Those Giants are hurting with injuries. Giants/Mariners world series this year? Haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pablo back in the lineup tomorrow, and a big series against Zona. We'll see how the guys respond.

    ReplyDelete